Grow-Trees.com is a social enterprise, launched and dedicated to the Planet on World Environment Day, June 5, 2010. It is the Official partner of the United Nations Environment Program’s Billion Tree Campaign, WWF’s Cities for Forests Campaign, and The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, and has been recognised by the YPO-WPO Global Impact committee and the Harvard Business School Alumni Bulletin. It aims to inculcate the practice amongst companies and individuals worldwide to Greet with Trees® – plant real trees in public lands through the web to greet or honor someone by means of an eTreeCertificate® or eTreeCard with a personalized message. The unique certificate number allows one to locate on Google Map the tree planting project location. Individuals can plant trees and greet friends, relatives, or colleagues on festivals, New Year, anniversaries and birthdays. Over 4,400,000 trees have been planted so far, creating 365,000+ workdays of jobs for mainly tribals and women in projects such as Trees for Tribals, Trees for Tigers, Trees for Sloth Bears, etc. in places like Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary (Rajasthan), Satkosia Gorge Wildlife Sanctuary (Odisha), Madanapalle (Andhra Pradesh) and Chintamani (Karnataka) community lands, the periphery of tiger reserves at Kanha National Park (Madhya Pradesh), Sariska (Rajasthan) and the Unesco World Heritage site of Sundarbans National Park, among various others. The plantings are audited by accounting firms as well as through own site inspections. These trees will create rural jobs, provide flowers, fruit, fodder and fuel to communities and living creatures, offer shade to nomads and their livestock, give shelter to birds and animals, prevent soil erosion and flooding, improve water catchment, generate oxygen, remove pollution, reduce carbon in the atmosphere and fight climate change.
Ola was founded in Dec 2010 by Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati with a mission to build mobility for a billion people. It is India’s largest mobility platform and one of the world’s largest ride-hailing companies, serving 250+ cities across India, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. The Ola app offers mobility solutions by connecting customers to drivers and a wide range of vehicles across bikes, auto-rickshaws, metered taxis, and cabs, enabling convenience and transparency for hundreds of millions of consumers and over 1.5 million driver-partners.
ABOUT CARBON FREE RIDE CAMPAIGN
Grow-Trees, in collaboration with Ola, is initiating the Carbon Free Ride campaign during October 17th – October 27th. In a unique way to create awareness about the importance of trees in this ever-evolving world, Ola is providing its users with the chance to participate and contribute in its Green action. In order to improve its carbon footprint and encourage plantation across the country, Ola has pledged to match the number of trees planted by the medium of this campaign upto 5,000 trees. Your simple action today will create workdays of jobs to the villagers, conserve the habitat of wildlife, increase water table, reduce soil erosion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The objective of the Carbon Free Ride initiative is to create awareness on conserving the environment on the auspicious festival of Diwali.
- Grow-Trees will divide the contribution with the cost per tree to decide the number of trees planted via the event
- Ola pledges to match the contribution raised by this event upto the cost of 5,000 trees, whichever is lesser.
- In the entirety of the campaign, Grow-Trees will plant the number of trees raised via the campaign (refer to point 2) and as a matching contribution upto 5,000 trees dedicated by Ola (refer to point 3)
- This initiative does not confer any rights to any individual to own the tree or to visit the plantation site.
- Since, Grow-Trees is taking only a fraction of the cost of the tree, there will be no dedication/name of participants for the trees.
- The locations of the plantation sites will be at Grow-Trees’ discretion.
- All decisions taken mutually by Grow-Trees and Ola in this regard will be deemed to be final.
- Grow-Trees reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the initiative (or any part thereof) with or without notice at any time.
- Grow-Trees cannot be held responsible for trees that die through disease, flood, drought, fire, lightning, and other such natural events.
- Grow-Trees cannot be held responsible for trees that are illegally felled or are destroyed by grazing despite the best efforts made by our planting partners to prevent this.